In this episode, Pastor J.D. answers a question about whether or not we should still have denominations.
- One of the criticisms of Martin Luther was that there would be as many kinds of churches as there are protestants.
- But while I would love for the church to be totally united, I think you’ve got to seek truth over seeking unity at times.
- Did Jesus give authority to the apostles? Sure. But I don’t see anywhere in Scripture where he intended for that same authority to be passed down from one leader to another. Instead, we think that authority was then encoded in the New Testament which outlines for us the rules about heaven and hell and what the church is.
- The Word of God is always the authority in the church.
- We’ve got to hold the tension between truth and pursuing unity.
Want to ask J.D. a question? Head to our Ask Me Anything hub to submit your question.
As always, don’t forget to rate and review this podcast!