Pastor J.D. talks about the three kinds of faith we see in the Bible and how that faith is a gift in various ways.
A glimpse inside this episode:
Yes, but in different ways:
- There are three different kinds of faith in the Bible.
- Saving faith
- General trust in God (I think of this as a spiritual fruit)
- Spiritual gift of faith:
- A spiritual gift is an empowerment given to all Christians. He gives to certain people the specific gift of faith, and different gifts to each Christian.
- “There is also what we might call charismatic faith, which I believe is what Paul had in mind when he spoke of the spiritual gift of faith in 1 Corinthians 12:9. How is it different? While all faith is an expression of trust and humble dependence upon a person or promise, this is the experience of faith that arises somewhat spontaneously and unexpectedly in our hearts.” Sam Storms, Practicing the Power
How do I grow and develop my faith?
- Romans 10:17, “So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the message about Christ.”
- There is a direct correlation between faith and knowing the promises of God.
- The more time in the Word, the more trust and faith in God.
- Reading great biographies of faith warriors.