Is Christianity Dead?
People may think Christianity is dying, but this pronouncement is a little premature. Jesus promised to build His church, declaring that the gates of hell wouldn’t prevail against it. Along with this promise, Jesus gave clear instructions for how the church would overcome. He promised to build it on the rock of the gospel.
In this Bible study J.D. Greear examines what it means for believers to place the gospel above all other priorities in our lives and in our churches.
This Bible study will help you:
- Overcome the temptation of worldly distractions and keep your focus on the gospel above all
- Develop a greater awareness and engagement with gospel culture, gospel multiplication, gospel renewal, and gospel unity
- Gain a fresh perspective on the greatness of the gospel above all other preferences and priorities
- Videos featuring author J.D. Greear with contributors David Platt, Jen Wilkin, Vance Pitman, Walter Strickland, Rosaria Butterfield, Greg Laurie, Albert Mohler, and Kevin Smith — available with the purchase of a Leader Kit
- 8 small-group sessions with personal devotion exercises
- Leader guide helps to facilitate discussion with small groups (located at the back of each Bible study book)
- Personal study segments to complete between group sessions
ALSO AVAILABLE leader kit, eBook, and digital leader kit available at LifeWay.com/GospelAboveAll
At the age of twenty-seven, J.D. Greear became the pastor of a forty-year-old neighborhood church. In the years since, that congregation of four hundred has grown to more than five thousand in weekly attendance. Today, the Summit Church—located in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina—is one of the fastest-growing churches in North America.
Pastor J.D.’s messages aren’t intended just to show people how to live better lives; his goal is to leave people in awe of God’s amazing love. Because of his belief in the power of the gospel, pastor J.D. has led the Summit to set a goal of planting more than one thousand gospel-centered churches in the next 40 years.
Pastor J.D. holds a PhD in systematic theology from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. He also lived and worked among Muslims in Southeast Asia for two years and wrote Breaking the Islam Code. J.D. and his beautiful wife, Veronica, have four ridiculously cute kids: Kharis, Alethia, Ryah, and Adon.
Unless God calls him elsewhere, pastor J.D. plans to stay at the Summit Church until he preaches his last sermon at his own funeral before saying goodbye and hopping into the casket.